Can we also talk about how I unintentionally turned this photo of my coffee into a Marc Jaobs ad? Nailed it.
I’m not even going to try to hide it – I’m a little obsessed. Coffee flavored anything is my weakness, I can’t even begin to think about getting my day started without chugging down some, and a good portion of my Christmas gifts this year from friends and family had to do with coffee in some form. Hey, it could be worse! At least it’s not meth, am I right?!
This fall I decided it would be a good investment to buy a Keurig coffee brewer since I would no longer be living in my tiny one-person apartment with my tiny one-person coffee pot. I bought the K10 Special Edition and it has worked out rather nicely. There are much more techy/expensive versions, but I figured the K10 would do the deed.
So far I’ve been loving it! I wanted to share my favorite K-cup flavors and get some recommendations from you guys as well.
K-Cup Flavors to Try
- Chai Latte by Cafe Escapes | I’m not that much of a chai – or even tea – fan, but this one is subtle enough to enjoy at any time.
- Newman’s Special Blend Medium Roast Extra Bold by Newman’s Own | A good wake-me-up coffee for when I have to be up at un-Godly hours of the morning.
- Gevalia Colombia Medium Roast Coffee | Another standby wake-me-up coffee.
- Pumpkin Spice Light Roast by Green Mountain Coffee | I got this flavor in the Fall when pumpkin everything is equal to gold and I didn’t feel like paying $35.50 everyday for a Grande pumpkin spice latte from you know where.
- Starbucks Blonde Roast | This was one of the first K-cups I tried because I loved getting the ground Blonde roast for my regular coffee pot, but I will say it tastes a little different through the Keurig and I had to get used to it for awhile.
- Hot Chocolate: I’ve tried Swiss Miss and the Cafe Escapes K-cups and Cafe Escapes by far wins in this category. The Swiss Miss version tastes no different than the standard packs you microwave on your own, but the Cafe Escapes has a rich, real chocolate flavor that I was expecting from the Keurig Swiss Miss version.
Sidenote – I actually haven’t tried the Caribou coffee pictured above yet since I picked it up the other day, but I will inform if I explode with pleasure afterwards.
A Tip on Buying K-cup Packs:
I only buy K-cup packs at Kohl’s because they are usually on some sort of sale (this weekend they were BOGO 1/2 Off), and I can use a coupon toward them. Plus, they sell 18-packs whereas grocery stores usually don’t sell that high of quantity and I can never find coupons for them!
Sometimes (all the time) I wish I could wear whatever I felt like wearing to work. I’m not talking like ‘pajamas and ratty T-shirt’ wear anything, but just based on whatever my style mood was of the day. Style mood is a thing.. it is reflected upon the weather, current musical interests, etc. Both above outfits were worn the past week when it was particularly rainy and nasty out, and sometimes all you feel like wearing in that sort of weather is a cuddly sweater, perfectly fitted pants, and some wedge booties to protect your toes from puddles.
Work Outfit: Striped sweater and pants from New York & Company | Play Outfit: Sweater and wedge booties from Target, maroon pants from Forever 21
I honestly didn’t mean to dress in more than 50% of the same shade, but.. it is what it is. I guess something about cognac is real appealing to me. The color that is, not the drink.
I think I was channeling my girl Kendi of www.kendieveryday.com
For an upcoming work meeting my boss e-mail blasted us that we will need to bring our favorite inspirational quote to share with the rest of the group. I can’t say I have a favorite author that I refer to often, but I do have a Pinterest board filled with some inspiring words. That counts, right? There is one quote I remember reading on a magazine cover with model Agyness Deyn (Sidenote: Where’s that chick been!?) awhile back that read, “Feel the fear and do it anyway.” I don’t know if she is the one to have coined it first considering I have since seen it other places, and recently came across it again via Pinterest.
I have some major work/personal/life/wordly considerations coming up so I thought the timing was perfect as I read through some of my favorite quotes I’ve Pinned. Here are just a few of my favorites.
And this one just may be my favorite.
What are some of your favorite inspiring quotes that you like to look at in a pickle?
All links to photos on my “verbage” Pinterest board. Follow me to see more!
So you know when you go in to Target for two things and come out with ten? Yeah, that happened this week. Twice. But this shirt I tell you! So colorful and flowy with the cool exposed zipper in the back.. and it was only $12? Ya just don’t walk away from that. Or the other two tops you got. Along with the underwear… see? Two becomes ten very easy.
Top: Target | Skirt: New York & Company
Hot hot hot. That’s the only way to describe what’s happening outside right now. September, you’re lettin me down, man. I guess I’ll take advantage of being able to wear easy-peasy summer maxi dresses for awhile. And I’m okay with that.
Sidenote: My BF thinks I’m suddenly worshiping the devil due to my sideways cross. The price of trends these days!
Dress: Ross | Necklace: Kohl’s
Little bit of (pl)eather action going on today. Leather leggings for work are questionable, but just a hint on a pocket? Perfection.
Top: Kohl’s | Skirt: Forever 21