I’ve got a work vs. play look here again.. I feel like this might become routine. Both tops I’m wearing in this post were recent Target finds. My love for Target is never-failing. I ended up getting about four tops and a pair of yoga pants (because.. yoga pants, duh) all from the clearance rack! The new merchandise on the floor consisted of bikinis, cover ups, and shorts – and it’s been about eight degrees over here so that was not too appealing. They had a massive clearance section though so I spent waaay too much time scanning through it all, naturally.
(Sneaky work outfit selfies!) This top is actually really nice quality & I would have bought it full price at $29, but I was definitely happy to find it at $12.50. It’s sleeveless and is a pretty blush color with black color blocking on the sides.
Also got my hair did finally! I feel so much better not hauling around so much dead weight anymore.
Work Outfit | Top – Target (clearance), Cardigan – Kohls, Skirt – Forever 21, Sweater Tights – Target
Play Outfit | Sweater – Target (clearance), Jeans – American Eagle, Shoes – Minnetonka Moccasins
Can we also talk about how I unintentionally turned this photo of my coffee into a Marc Jaobs ad? Nailed it.
I’m not even going to try to hide it – I’m a little obsessed. Coffee flavored anything is my weakness, I can’t even begin to think about getting my day started without chugging down some, and a good portion of my Christmas gifts this year from friends and family had to do with coffee in some form. Hey, it could be worse! At least it’s not meth, am I right?!
This fall I decided it would be a good investment to buy a Keurig coffee brewer since I would no longer be living in my tiny one-person apartment with my tiny one-person coffee pot. I bought the K10 Special Edition and it has worked out rather nicely. There are much more techy/expensive versions, but I figured the K10 would do the deed.
So far I’ve been loving it! I wanted to share my favorite K-cup flavors and get some recommendations from you guys as well.
K-Cup Flavors to Try
- Chai Latte by Cafe Escapes | I’m not that much of a chai – or even tea – fan, but this one is subtle enough to enjoy at any time.
- Newman’s Special Blend Medium Roast Extra Bold by Newman’s Own | A good wake-me-up coffee for when I have to be up at un-Godly hours of the morning.
- Gevalia Colombia Medium Roast Coffee | Another standby wake-me-up coffee.
- Pumpkin Spice Light Roast by Green Mountain Coffee | I got this flavor in the Fall when pumpkin everything is equal to gold and I didn’t feel like paying $35.50 everyday for a Grande pumpkin spice latte from you know where.
- Starbucks Blonde Roast | This was one of the first K-cups I tried because I loved getting the ground Blonde roast for my regular coffee pot, but I will say it tastes a little different through the Keurig and I had to get used to it for awhile.
- Hot Chocolate: I’ve tried Swiss Miss and the Cafe Escapes K-cups and Cafe Escapes by far wins in this category. The Swiss Miss version tastes no different than the standard packs you microwave on your own, but the Cafe Escapes has a rich, real chocolate flavor that I was expecting from the Keurig Swiss Miss version.
Sidenote – I actually haven’t tried the Caribou coffee pictured above yet since I picked it up the other day, but I will inform if I explode with pleasure afterwards.
A Tip on Buying K-cup Packs:
I only buy K-cup packs at Kohl’s because they are usually on some sort of sale (this weekend they were BOGO 1/2 Off), and I can use a coupon toward them. Plus, they sell 18-packs whereas grocery stores usually don’t sell that high of quantity and I can never find coupons for them!
Currently streaming A Very She & Him Christmas album while sipping on hot cocoa, wrapped up in a cozy blanket all in honor of our first snowfall! I’m going to be honest with you here, I actually didn’t go outside at all today. I admired from afar.. while warmly inside planning my Thanksgiving outfit around my favorite new flyaway sweater I purchased this week. I took to Pinterest per usual to get some Holiday juices flowing and it’s got me all giddy for the start of the Holiday season! I’m pretty excited for Thanksgiving this year as it’s going to be the first in awhile (more appropriately – ever) that all three of my siblings will be together, both parents, and newly added significant others + their kids! Let me tell you, it is going to be one packed house. Can’t wait!
Here is the Polyvore I put together of my outfit for the day. The cardigan I bought is from Kohl’s and is super long and comfy, ideal for endless meals throughout the deal after which I will then pass out and utilize as a blanket. The only thing I didn’t include in the set is a top, because that’s still undecided. I loved the rich plum color of Kim K.’s lipstick, so I’ll probably use my NYX Lipstick in the perfect dark raspberry shade to top of the look.
The largest/cleanest Goodwill you will ever imagine is just down the road from my house. Brand spankin new without all the weird smells yet! I got lucky and went in on a Saturday without a mission, but left super happy with two purchases totally $3. A perfectly worn-in little boys chambray button up & this side-slit maxi skirt. It’s so 1990’s I can’t even stand it, in the best way possible.
Top: Kohls | Skirt: Goodwill