Can we also talk about how I unintentionally turned this photo of my coffee into a Marc Jaobs ad? Nailed it.
I’m not even going to try to hide it – I’m a little obsessed. Coffee flavored anything is my weakness, I can’t even begin to think about getting my day started without chugging down some, and a good portion of my Christmas gifts this year from friends and family had to do with coffee in some form. Hey, it could be worse! At least it’s not meth, am I right?!
This fall I decided it would be a good investment to buy a Keurig coffee brewer since I would no longer be living in my tiny one-person apartment with my tiny one-person coffee pot. I bought the K10 Special Edition and it has worked out rather nicely. There are much more techy/expensive versions, but I figured the K10 would do the deed.
So far I’ve been loving it! I wanted to share my favorite K-cup flavors and get some recommendations from you guys as well.
K-Cup Flavors to Try
- Chai Latte by Cafe Escapes | I’m not that much of a chai – or even tea – fan, but this one is subtle enough to enjoy at any time.
- Newman’s Special Blend Medium Roast Extra Bold by Newman’s Own | A good wake-me-up coffee for when I have to be up at un-Godly hours of the morning.
- Gevalia Colombia Medium Roast Coffee | Another standby wake-me-up coffee.
- Pumpkin Spice Light Roast by Green Mountain Coffee | I got this flavor in the Fall when pumpkin everything is equal to gold and I didn’t feel like paying $35.50 everyday for a Grande pumpkin spice latte from you know where.
- Starbucks Blonde Roast | This was one of the first K-cups I tried because I loved getting the ground Blonde roast for my regular coffee pot, but I will say it tastes a little different through the Keurig and I had to get used to it for awhile.
- Hot Chocolate: I’ve tried Swiss Miss and the Cafe Escapes K-cups and Cafe Escapes by far wins in this category. The Swiss Miss version tastes no different than the standard packs you microwave on your own, but the Cafe Escapes has a rich, real chocolate flavor that I was expecting from the Keurig Swiss Miss version.
Sidenote – I actually haven’t tried the Caribou coffee pictured above yet since I picked it up the other day, but I will inform if I explode with pleasure afterwards.
A Tip on Buying K-cup Packs:
I only buy K-cup packs at Kohl’s because they are usually on some sort of sale (this weekend they were BOGO 1/2 Off), and I can use a coupon toward them. Plus, they sell 18-packs whereas grocery stores usually don’t sell that high of quantity and I can never find coupons for them!